Tuesday, December 7, 2010

rant









Why are people so afraid of confronting incompetence? Why are so many bad seeds tolerated, and indulged even? Why do institutions and societies allow psychopathy to persist? Why shouldn't everyone be expected to perform to a certain high standard, in any workplace, or indeed, in any situation period? I'm only talking about the simplest things, like trust, communication, personal responsibility, and basic good will.

I like to believe there's room for everyone in this world, but maybe you're in the wrong room. Hey, it's not personal. Your personality simply isn't a good fit. Period. Maybe you should consider becoming a hermit. Do you think I was born yesterday? Were YOU born yesterday? How have you managed this long with this attitude? Or have you been so beaten down by the system, that you don't even realize how out of line you are? Should I slap you around a bit until you come to your senses?

Why am I constantly surprised to learn that people who are older than me, make more money than me, have more education than me, or outrank me, aren't necessarily any smarter than me? I can't seem to shake this crazy idea that with age and experience comes a certain degree of wisdom. Gosh, I always thought that's how it worked. I thought that was something that we should all be striving for: greater wisdom and understanding. Why are some people happier moving backwards?

It's okay if you're not the sharpest tool in the shed. Or maybe you're severely overworked, or in way over your head. Maybe you feel like you've been swimming upstream all these years to no avail, and it's made you bitter. I understand, but it doesn't give you the right to be a bastard and try to bring the rest of us down to your level. We're stronger than that, and goodness always prevails.

No comments:

Post a Comment