Thursday, June 17, 2010

ren faire

We drove the little beater blueberry out to the Renaissance Faire in May. It had been at least 20 years since I'd been to the Faire, but I had many fond memories of garlands of dried flowers, unicorn masks, archery, puzzle rings, the Reduced Shakespeare Co., and the Queen passing through with her bright red hair and bejeweled gowns. Not to mention the strange Scotsman who told me I should smile more or the little people would steal my shoes.

Anyway, the Faire was exactly as I remembered it, and I hope to go every year from this point forward. I got myself a new garland and a lovely feathered fan, drank a small cup of honey mead, tested my archery skills, watched a jousting match, and posed for photos with the Green Man, several knights, a rowdy group of semi-noblemen, and the Spanish Armada. Everyone was just there to relax, indulge and let their freak flags fly. It was awesome. I'm totally going to dress up next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment